Legato 14.07 Beta Release Notes
Copyright © Sierra Wireless, Inc. 2014. All rights reserved.
Welcome to Legato
This page summarizes important information about the Legato 14.07 Beta release.
On this page you'll find info on:
Here's other info you made need to look at:
Legato Beta 14.04 release notes
Legato 14.07 Beta has the following new features or API changes:
- IPv4v6 Legato now supports the IPv4V6 data connection type.
- C++ support has been enabled in the tooling.
- Modem Services New functions for eCall, Audio (play and record audio), Modem Data Control have been added.
See Foundation Services
- fwupdate api has been added to modem services including related fwupdate target and host tools.
See Firmware Update
- Modem Radio Control now supports Home Network Information,
Neighboring Cells Information, and Voice Call application Service.
- Watchdog New service to permit configuration of timeouts and actions to perform
where timeouts are done by the adef file (watchdogTimeout and watchdogAction).
- ConfigTree Implemented new security (user access permissions), support for JSON,
import/export features, ability to write/update data, and change notifications.
See Config Tree
- Host tools now use an environment variable for target IP address and additional host tools
stopapp, startapp, listapp, statapp have been added.
See host tools
- Support importing directories has been added in sandboxed applications.
See def files
- Target tools app and legato now support getting app/framework status and getting an app list.
See target tools
- Automatic gdb support New tools fhave been added execInApp, gdbCfg
replacing previous debug options.
- App version number support was added to the .adef.
See app version
- Stderr all Legato processes now go to /dev/console by default.
- Access control restrictions added to the IPC system.
See adef bindings
- New sdir tool added to inspect the Service Directory and can be used to load IPC access
control configuration settings into the Service Directory (although app add/remove
and the Supervisor do that automatically at the appropriate times.)
- mkexe and mkapp now accept the --source-search argument (-s) as an alias
of --component-search (-c) to make it consistent with the naming of source search path in the docs.
See mkexe and
- New mkcomp tool added that allows a component to be built into a shared library (.so) file.
- New cm tool added that combines the previous sim, data, and apn tools into one tool
for modem control functions. See cm tool
- mk tools now support .api files that use type definitions (via USETYPES) from other .api files.
See mk tools
- Loads of new features have been added to the adef and cdef files.
See Definition files
- Support for 'file' type has been added to .api files (ifgen).
See Language Independent APIs
Legato 14.07 Beta has the following known issues:
- Network Scanning Modem Radio Control services
incorrectly performing network scans under certain conditions.
- Delete Config tree with active requests You have to restart the Legato framework if a
config tree with active requests is deleted.
- Release positioning service before app exit If an app is called (registered) for the positioning
service, and doesn't release the service before exiting, the positioning service will remain active until the service is restarted.
- Resource limits for unsandboxed apps Resource limits can't be applied to unsandboxed apps while they are running as root.
- GNSS enabled/disabled from embedded app GNSS can only be enabled/disabled through AT commands;
this is not available through the app itself.
- Data session can't be stopped IPV4V6 sessions can't be stopped with le_mdc_StopSession().
You have to restart the service to reset the connection.
- execInApp doesn't work for unsandboxed apps You can't create a process to run in an unsandboxed app.
- GPSOne XTRA from embedded app This feature can only be enabled/disabled through factory settings
or the level 3 AT command AT!NV.
- Data connection callback function being called twice After registering using le_data_AddConnectionStateHandler,
the callback function will be called twice when the data connection is started.
- Config tool import and delete functions Import and delete functions can't be called in the same transaction from the config tool.
- No space in file path The Legato Framework doesn't compile if the path contains a space.
- Kernel panic occurs when removing and inserting USB under certain conditions You have to restart the target to recover.
- Data connection overwrites default gateway setting You have to restart the target to recover to the default setting.
- SMS service over CDMA The SMS service will be supported on CDMA in the next release.
- File permission in .adef and .cdef File permissions can't be changed in the .adef and .cdef specifications.
Yocto Linux update information for 14.07 Beta coming soon.
For complete info, see the Legato documentation.
Copyright (C) Sierra Wireless, Inc. 2014. All rights reserved. Use of this work is subject to license.